Platinum Dental now offers same day bridges using our advanced digital manufacturing system.
Unlike other dental clinics, there is now no need to wait weeks to receive your bridge to hide that gap in your teeth. You will leave our clinic on the same day, with your smile and confidence restored.
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a fixed way to replace a missing tooth. The bridge uses teeth either side of the missing tooth to attach a natural-looking restoration in place.
What are bridges made of?
Dental bridges are usually made of precious metal and porcelain, although advances in the strength of dental materials mean tooth coloured ceramics can also be used. The final appearance is that of a beautiful and natural-looking tooth.
Why is it important to treat missing teeth?
Tooth loss can be a significant problem. Every tooth in your mouth helps support the others and influences the functional movement of the jaw.
If you lose a tooth and do not replace it, then the surrounding teeth may shift position. The opposing teeth will also shift up or down towards the empty space. In addition, the forces you exert while chewing or biting may become imbalanced when you have a missing tooth. This can exert further pressure on the remaining teeth causing them to wear down quicker than expected.
A dental bridge can restore the health and appearance of your mouth by filling these spaces with a natural-looking false tooth that is supported by your natural teeth. Our experienced dentists offer same day custom-made bridges that use the highest quality materials to restore your smile.
What issues can a dental bridge fix?
The immediate purpose of a dental bridge is to fix the gap that is caused by a missing tooth. The bridge also achieves many other advantages, including;
• Preserve your natural-looking smile
• Restore your ability to bite and chew effectively
• Reduce the risk of gum disease
• Improve speech
• Prevent your remaining teeth from moving position
Who are good candidates for same day dental bridges?
A same day dental bridge is the appropriate treatment for any patient who has lost between one and three consecutive teeth. Oral hygiene is a very important factor when considering same day bridges since gum disease can affect the long term benefits of any bridge treatment. If you suffer from gum disease, then our dentists will ensure that this is treated prior to moving forward with your bridge.
It is also important to have strong and healthy teeth either side of the gap in your teeth since these will provide the support to your same day bridge. Our dentists will perform a thorough examination of your supporting teeth to make sure that a dental bridge is suitable or whether you should consider alternative options.
What does treatment involve?
• There are a variety of ways to attach the bridge to the teeth on either side of the gap. Sometimes no shaping is required, but other times, the teeth either side will need to be altered to make space for the bridge material to fit over the existing teeth.
• A digital dental scanner is used to record the shape of your teeth, and the data is sent to a computer where the bridge is designed.
• Your custom bridge is manufactured on-site with our state of the art dental milling unit.
• The bridge is carefully adjusted so that it feels comfortable in your mouth and is then delicately cemented in place.
• The whole process from start to finish can be done all in one day.
Tooth bridge results
A well looked after dental bridge can last 5 to 15 years and sometimes even longer. It is important that patients maintain good oral hygiene and regular dental visits.
Alternative to dental bridges
A dental bridge is beneficial for a wide variety of reasons, but it may not be ideal for every patient.
Alternative options include;
• Dental Implants
If you are currently suffering from missing teeth, then please schedule an appointment to learn more about your restoration options at Platinum Dental.